Monday, October 24, 2011

Rain


I really like mixing thoughts and make a general write up when it comes to poetry. It was my pleasure to write with Latha Mam. I was lucky enough to meet her in Kerela .  Her exuberance and love for nature leaves me spell bound. She writes on her blog Hippocrene.





The ambience and it's sensation
Deluging down like heaven
Still too much lies low,
Should I run for cover?
Or Let it wipe all away?
Or savour it?

Time waits for none
The diligent reaper relentlessly marches .
And me hesitant..
Uncertain of myself,
Reluctant in revealing
Should I make an effort ?
An effort to tact the tear-ed eyes of mine,
An effort to quench the thirst of my lips

I stretched out my hands
As the icy drops tinged my skin
I took a short step.Yet hesitant..
The feeling was great
The driping dancing droplets 
Turning into rivulets
Mesmerised me.

I planted my foot down,
And did not care
Those wet marks did not  make me shout
Matched that incense as the Sun came out
I caressed  my hand through the window,
The rivulets of sweat cutting down ,
Turn into a crumb , A drop , A bubble .

Suddenly..
I slid backwards
A lonely child sitting watching the rain
Through the wooden bars of the window
The splashing droplets rising up
Tiny butterflies - I yearned to catch them and preserve them
The enchanting, mesmerizing rain, drew me out
Throwing caution to the wind I rushed out,
Arms outstretched to imprison,
For ever the ecstasy of being one with the rain..

8 comments:

  1. :) rain makes me cry, smile and enjoy the coffee....keep it up ashish :) well written...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully Crafted lines those were!!Loved it!
    Captured the essence of the rains soo well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time waits for none....

    I especially loved this paragraph.. beautiful write up..and yes..to sit and cry in rain..this is the one thing i feel like happening when i become sad.. :(


    stay connected!!!
    its me!!! sharan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. one wid the rain!!
    - awesome buddy..
    beautiful words..
    may u find ur peace n freedom wen pours again.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "For ever the ecstasy of being one with the rain.."
    Rain has always inspired poets, lyricists, writers to express... this piece is beautifully inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you purva , I have not been writing for quite a while. I just in a way forgot it. You. comment makes me start again,

    ReplyDelete

Say it!

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs